2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review for Come See About Me


A huge thank you to one of my favorite authors, C.K. Kelly Martin, for sending me an electronic copy of this book.


TITLE:                  Come See About Me


AUTHOR:            C.K. Martin


GENRE:                YA (for older teens)


RATING:                




I have been a huge fan of C.K. Martin for quite a few years and I am NEVER disappointed when I read one of her books.  I also love the Canadian connection we have :)


Having said that, I was intrigued when she mentioned that Come See About Me is a book geared towards an older teen.  To be honest, all of Martin's books are deeply written, touching, sad and funny and a combination of all of this put together, so I was wondering how she would top that by aiming her writing at an older (somewhat) audience.


After finishing (and enjoying each delicious moment) I have to tell the author this - "this is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read".  It is, as always touching and very, very realistic, a trademark that I have found in Martin's writing all the time.  However, this time, she has also included a sensual aspect that does make this book different from her others.


Come See About Me is about growing up and learning life lessons the hard way- but also realizing that there is a "plan" out there and you need to believe in it by living your life and believing in your ability to get through the good, the bad and the ugly.


Leah is my new favorite character as she is dealt a very rough hand to play - and doesn't think she can do it.  However, there is a little part of her that whispers into her ear "don't give up" (I like to think this voice is Bastien) but regardless, it is the hope that she needs to find herself in a relationship that will help her grow through everyday events, as well as some major ones, to discover that she is stronger than she thought she was - with a little help from her friends :)


This story is just beautiful.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges