2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, May 20, 2017

REVIEW for Lucky Girl by Amanda Maciel


Thank you to HarperCollins Children for sending me an electronic copy of this book to read and review.

TITLE:              Lucky Girl

AUTHOR:         Amanda Maciel

GENRE:            YA


RATING:           2 STARS

I adored this author's last book - Tease, in fact, re-read twice (something I rarely do).  So, I was so excited to read this one.

However, after literally pushing myself to finish (I kept counting the number of remaining pages - never a good sign) I feel as though the author committed the ultimate sin (in my eyes), she wrote an incredibly boring book.

Once again, Maciel does a good job of clearly defining her characters and I had a love/hate relationship with Rosie throughout.  As well, I love Maciel's writing, she can detail a scene extremely well, without putting too much or too little detail. 

But the story was simply soooooo slow.  At one point, when I got to the party/storm section of the book I thought "okay, this is where its going to get good" - but it didn't.  Then when I got to the "assessing the storm damage and the flipped car" I thought "now, it will get good"  - but it didn't.

It just never "got" good.  I am so disappointed.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges