2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, December 25, 2017

A year in review




                 You have read 28 of 40 books in 2017


Goodreads tells me that I have read only 28 books out of the 40 that I was hoping to read this year.

That's 70% read, which is not a horrible number, but I would have liked to meet my target.

A few things factored into my reading less this year.  The biggest one being that my travel time to work is now cut in half and since I am on the bus so early in the morning, I feel more like closing my eyes for a few minutes than reading.

The second thing is that I am knitting.  I am an extremely slow knitter and the shawl I started in February is just now completed, which means I will be looking for something else to knit.

The third thing is that I am finding it increasingly more difficult to find good reading material.  I cannot even begin to tell you how many books I started and abandoned after a few boring chapters.  My friends always tell me how "picky" I am and I agree.  I hate (not a strong enough word) anything with dystonia, zombies, fairies, etc., which severely limits the reading selection.

The good news is that the books I did read, for the most part, were excellent!

I am going to participate in the 2018 Goodreads challenge, but I think I may put a more realistic number.

As for 2017, this year has been kind of a "meh" year for me.  Nothing amazing and nothing horrible, which after living the worst years of my life in 2014 and 2015 (and the early part of 2016), I will take.

I don't believe in making new year's resolutions because I never stick to them, but I am continuing to work on the issues I need to work on and hopefully 2018 will be better than just "meh".

I am lucky that I have some important people in my life who have been there for me, through the good and not good.  I am grateful for these people.

Above all else, I will continue to be brave and do things that challenge me - 

Happy 2018 to all.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges